- · PTSA is usually present in the High School buildings but do not be afraid to introduce it at the Middle School Level
- · Allow Students to hold board positions (with the exception of Treasurer) to help cultivate future leaders for PTA as well as other organizations; Recording or Corresponding Secretary would be a good fit for a student depending on which building level you are working with as would committees like Legislation, Talent Show, etc.
- · Hold Mock Elections to introduce the students to Parliamentary Procedure and the nominating and election process
- · Having a Back to School Bash or some kind of social gathering for the students early on in the year and maybe again mid-year would be a great way to recruit student members. The cost they would pay to enter the event can become their membership dues.
- · Listen to the voice of the student members to help guide your program selection for the year as well as what other resources you can provide that would benefit the student body
MARCH MEMBERSHIP MADNESS (CONTEST CHALLENGE!)
When we think of March Madness, we think of the college basketball teams competing to move forward in their divisions. We all wait to see which teams will fill the brackets each day and advance to the Final Four. I challenge you to think of Membership in the same way. Perhaps you have met your goal of a 5% increase or more; perhaps you are still working on it. Everyone has an equal chance of fighting for a spot in the PTA Final Four.
This month, we would like to present another unit Membership Challenge! Turn in 16 more members in the month of March and be entered into a drawing to win a cash prize for your unit to be announced at Convention! Why 16 you ask? The tournament starts with the “Sweet Sixteen” teams and so we will have a goal of 16 Sweet New Members per unit! You will receive one entry for every 16 new members. Turn in 32 members, get two entries, 48 members gets you three entries, etc. Invite people to be a part of your Sweet Sixteen and help your unit and Ohio PTA achieve the championship.
The prizes for our “Final Four” will be $100, $50, and two $25 prizes! We set a goal for this year of 70,000 members and we are at just about 85% of that goal!