Dear PTA Leaders,
The Cuyahoga County Opiate Task Force and the Ohio PTA are asking for your assistance in the ongoing battle to halt the opioid epidemic. It has become evident that prevention is the only long-term solution. You can be a catalyst in helping to save children's lives by starting a conversation with your school administrators that evaluates current and future drug education programming. This is an important piece in plans to launch a statewide pilot initiative called the Drug Education School Challenge (D.E.S.C.).
Please take a moment to read, print and organize the files listed below. You can access them via the Google Drive link in this email.
First Step - Print and staple the Documents for PTA Leader in the following order:
- Dear PTA Leader Letter
- School Information Questionnaire - Student Education
- School Information Questionnaire - Parent Education
Second Step - Print and staple the Documents for School Administrator in the following order:
- D.E.S.C. Overview for School Administrators
- Drug Education Programming Considerations
- Drug Education Programming Resource List
- Meet with your school administrator, bringing the above documents.
- Complete the School Information Questionnaires with your administrator.
- Scan the completed School Information Questionnaires and email them to Ohio PTA email@example.com by . Although participation is optional, all PTAs that send in the completed surveys will be entered into a raffle for a $50 VISA gift card.
If you have questions or would like to hear more about the D.E.S.C., please join us for an informational statewide call hosted by Ohio PTA on Tuesday, May 30, from
Dial-in number: (641) 715-3580 / Access code: 332-160
You can also email Ohio PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Your feedback will guide the scoring framework that will ultimately provide public and monetary recognition to schools participating in the D.E.S.C. for the 2017-18 school year.
Thank you in advance for supporting this collaborative pilot initiative, especially at this busy time of year. Together we can make a difference in the futures of Ohio’s children and families.
President, Ohio PTA