Latest info on Ohio's ESSA plan.
The Ohio Department of Education will be submitting its ESSA state plan by to the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Before Ohio submits its plan, we encourage you to take two actions to help ensure parent voices are heard on your state’s new education plan:
- Send a letter to your Governor and state education chief or superintendent urging them to include a description of how different stakeholders have been meaningfully engaged in the development of the new state education plan. National PTA has put together this stakeholder toolkit (attached and on www.pta.org/essa), which contains template letters, sample graphics and messaging you can use and share with your membership. As you may recall, ED no longer requires states to include a description of their stakeholder consultation in the development of their new ESSA plan.
- Share this webinar throughout your social media networks and other PTA channels, if your comment period is still open so that parents and families can comment on the new education plan in your state. Here is some social media for your to promote the webinar as well –
- Make your voice heard- Check out @NationalPTA webinar on writing a public comment.https://youtu.be/OJPkiHPQB7Q
- Learn about public comments via @NationalPTA webinar. Upcoming #ESSA public comment periods for many states https://youtu.be/OJPkiHPQB7Q
- Check it out: learn tips for writing public comments w/ @NationalPTA webinar.https://youtu.be/OJPkiHPQB7Q