Friday, October 2, 2020

MemberHub

Hello MemberHub Users:


Linda and I had a really good check in with one of our MemberHub representatives and I wanted to share a resource that might be really helpful to many of us between our roles here at Ohio PTA as well as our local communities.

I  have shared memberhub live trainings to everyone a ton and it's a great resource, but they go over the same general 4 topics for getting started with MemberHub. If you haven't checked those out, it really is a great place to get started and encourage those new to memberhub to check out as well.

I didn't have a lot of information regarding fundraising with memberhub or their new basic website builds they are offering to units. Matt reminded me about this link

https://www.memberhub.com/workshops

Some upcoming workshops they have listed
  • How to create your public memberhub website
  • How to grow and sell pta memberships online
  • Store 2.0 and all it's features such as givebacks
  • How to host a virtual spirit night with givebacks
  • Communications and advanced hub use
  • Fundraisers overview and organization setup
  • Fundraisers: A-thons and crowdfunding
  • Fundraisers: Raffles and Sweepstakes
  • Fundraisers: Events and Auctions
I am mentioning these workshops also because I think a lot of our members likely disregard communications from memberhub or are overwhelmed, but when the conversation starts with us and other members of their community it gets heard. So I want to encourage everyone to share this information with your units at meetings or in conversation when you can, I will of course send out emails as well. 

A really great point Linda brought up is that our children need us more than ever this year, many parents are unemployed in our state and PTA has the opportunity to help their at risk communities through these fundraising efforts. Getting started the sooner the better. 

One last thing I want to mention here is that if anyone has meetings and you can't get a memberhub representative for that time slot or you want someone to speak in regards to Ohio PTA memberhub standards please feel free to reach out to me, I am happy to attend virtual meetings when I can. 

Keep up the great work!
Brandy Shaffer
Ohio PTA Administrative Coordinator